The NEW Cygnus 6 PLUS ultrasonic thickness gage has a large front LCD color display plus an end mounted OLED display, offering maximum versatility.
The gage includes, comprehensive data logging, A-Scan and B-Scan display, automatic and manual gain control and Bluetooth connection.
The instrument has three measurement modes:
- Multiple-Echo to provide extremely accurate measurements while ignoring protective coatings up to 3/4" (20 mm) thick;
- Echo-Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion / pitting and;
- Single-Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or backwall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics / composites.
Designed for the harshest of environments, with a simple to use keypad, intuitive menus and a color LCD display which can be viewed in all lighting conditions.
The twin shot injection molded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is both comfortable and robust while the inner shell is strong, keeping the electronics totally sealed from the outside world. Having passed the stringent US Military Standard 810G environmental tests, this new housing represents toughness and reliability.
Winner of the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2015 (Click for more details)
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) for Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes
- Large bright color LCD screen with automatic LCD back light
- End mounted OLED display
- A-scan display
- B-scan display
- Automatic and manual gain control
- Comprehensive data logging: Linear; Grid; Bespoke template; and Radial points (add multiple points around a reading)
- Bluetooth connection
- Automatic probe recognition for S2C and twin crystal probes
- Min / max measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert
- Extremely rugged enclosure - shock and impact to MIL STD 810G
- Environment sealing to IP67 - MIL STD 810G
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coating up to 3/4" (20 mm) thick
- Cygnus echo-strength bars assist thickness measurements in Multiple-Echo mode
- TPE over molded enclosure
- Buttons designed for minimum of 100,000 depressions
- Fully sealed battery compartment (contains any leaking battery fluids).
Cygnus Probes and Cables
Stainless Steel INOX Single Crystal Probes
The INOX probes have an updated ergonomic design and an easier to read frequency, identification and serial numbering. All frequencies of INOX probes have a black face and a color coding ring to identify probe frequencies.
Used in Multiple-Echo mode, these probes require no zeroing, have a high linear accuracy, are ideal for general thickness gaging and on pipes and have replaceable wear membrane for long life.
Stainless Steel INOX Twin Crystal Probes
Used in Echo-Echo and Single-Echo modes and focused ultrasound beam with improved measurability on extreme back wall corrosion and pitting.
Using standard industry connectors the probe lead uses a custom made over molded cable that offers superior flexibility and resistance to oils and ultraviolet light. The cable will not stiffen after exposure to ultraviolet light.
Along with the wrist and neck straps supplied in the kit there is also an optional belt clip, offering a range of flexible handling solutions for all types of applications.
Product Enquiry: Cygnus 6+ PRO
|Materials||Sound velocities between 0.0395 - 0.35 in/ms (1000 - 9000 m/s) - covers virtually all common engineering materials
|Accuracy||±0.004” (±0.1 mm) or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure
|Resolution||Multiple-Echo mode - 0.005" or 0.002" (0.1 or 0.05 mm)
Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes - 0.0004" (0.01 mm)
|Probes||Single crystal probes:
|Measurement Range in Steel||Single crystal probes in Multiple-Echo:
|Connector||Twin Lemo 00
|Power||3 x AA batteries
|Battery Life||10 hours minimum, continuously measuring
|Electronics||Dual channel pulser
|Display||2.4" quarter VGA LCD and end-mounted OLED (rotatable)
|Size||5.20" x 3.23" x 1.34" (132 mm x 82 mm x 34 mm)
|Weight||10.58 oz (300 grams) inc. batteries
|Operating Temp.||14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
|Data Logging||Capacity up to 5000 points including A-scans
|Computer Software||CygLink allows remote logging and viewing of A-scan graphs. Survey and report generation to PDF file. Data can be exported as a .csv file. Graphic analysis of data and statistical calculations. Designed for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
|Environmental Rating||IP67 (dust tight and immersion - 1 metre for 30 mins)
Explosive Atmosphere: Safe operation as defined by Class I, Division 2, Group D, as found in the National Fire Protection Association Code (NFPA 70), Article 500, and tested using MIL STD 810G Method 511.5, Procedure I
MIL STD 810G Method 501.6 (high temp +55°C)
MIL STD 810G Method 502.6 (low temp -20°C)
MIL STD 810G Method 507.6 (humidity 95%)
MIL STD 810G Method 512.6 (immersion - 1 metre for 30 mins)
|Shock and Impact||MIL STD 810G Method 514.7 (vibration - 1 hour each axis)
MIL STD 810G Method 516.7 (shock 20g - 11ms half sine shock pulse, 40g 11ms in each axis)
MIL STD 810G Method 516.7 (26 drops - transit drop 1.22 m)
|Compliance||CE, British Standard BS EN 15317:2013
|Environmental||RoHS, WEEE compliant
|Warranty||3 years on gage and 6 months on probe|
Cygnus ultrasonic thickness gage; padded carry case; operating manual; adjustable neck strap and loops; wrist strap; accessory pouch; surface and membrane couplant; steel test block; 3 x AA batteries; optional Krusell® belt clip and attachments accessory.