The Award Winning Cygnus Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Following extensive customer engagement and working within industry standards, Cygnus Instruments developed the new range of ultrasonic thickness gauges which still use the well established multiple-echo technique for error-checked readings through coatings but also incorporates single-echo and echo-echo measuring modes for obtaining measurements in areas of extreme corrosion or back wall pitting. The range has achieved the toughest American Military Standard MIL SPEC 810G for environmental protection and consists of five new models offering an array of new features including:
- Large colour A-scan and B-scan display
- Two types of data logging options:
- Simple sequential data logging or;
- Comprehensive data logging with features including Grid Format, offering 16 directional formats. Users can also add defined text comments, create templates and add radial measurements around a last logged measurement point.
- Manual gain control
- Bluetooth data transfer capability
- Vibrate alert to warn the operator when the measurement is out of tolerance
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) which is used in single-echo and echo-echo modes. This clever and simple technique samples returning echoes to ensure they are all identical, if the returning echoes are identical the display changes colour or format which indicates the reading is stable and reliable.
While the new range from Cygnus Instruments offers many new features, the simple to use menu structure means that these gauges are quick to learn and simple to use.